Biometric time and attendance systems have always been great for removing any opportunity for fraudulent time claims. The reason for this is because each employee’s unique biometric template is scanned and matched to verify attendance. Biometric time and attendance, as you may know, has gained a lot of popularity over the last 10 years, due to its effectiveness and affordability.
But, which of our systems are better for the office, well while we do usually leave this up to your own opinion. However, we believe that for the following reasons our fingerprint technology is a lot more practical for an office space.
- With face scanners, you have to be more precise, where, and how far, you need to stand in front of the unit. This means it will take longer to scan the face, and if you have a queue waiting to clock in, it may cause a delay. Whilst, fingerprint is faster. Touch and go.
- Face scanners may not work in direct sunlight especially if it is one of low quality, whilst fingerprint readers operate better in these conditions.
- Whilst, fingerprints remain the same, facial features can change with time, makeup or other reasons. For example if you grow or shave your beard or start wearing glasses your face will not be recognised and will be rejected by the scanner because it doesn’t match the biometric template stored in the unit.
- With fingerprint devices, you can actually enroll more than one finger. This means if you cut one finger you can always use another one.
- Fingerprints can also be enrolled using a USB enroller from a central point, for example the HR office. This makes the process of enrolling a lot more convenient and simpler, whilst with face scanners you have to be in front of the device to carry out this function.
So, now you know more about our favorite biometric time and attendance system for an office, if you are interested after reading this blog please make sure to enquire with Computime today when you ring 0113 868 0124.